Sunday, December 12, 2010

New York Baby!

By: Paul Gemignani



So recently I took advantage of some miles I had saved up on my Delta card, and took a trip to New York City with my good friend Mike. I personally have never been on the East Coast even though I grew up in the Midwest, so I found this as the perfect excuse to visit the Big Apple. When I first arrived I was a bit overwhelmed as this city trumps the rest of the city's I've been too in the U.S., so it took me a second to re-calibrate myself from the vast open-ness of the West. After awhile though, it's actually quite easily to settle in and find a routine and dial something in. The city itself is very colorful and full of life, culture and art. My main reason for the trip was actually to eat food and I did just that. From amazing pizza's at Joe's, to some of the best seafood pasta of my life at the newly opened - Eataly; so good. The list goes on though, bacon wrapped hot dogs, with onions, cheddar cheese and cream cheese, to artichoke and clam pizza; sushi, wings, chinese food and the sorts...it was an endless array of mouth watering food that is making me hungry while I write this. One would think I would have gained about 20 pounds on this trip, but due to that fact that New York is a walk about city, we ended up walking about 5-7 miles a day, so that kept the calories burning from the last meal. Besides eating amazing food though, we also went to some amazing art exhibits and I got to see a huge spectrum of original art work from Salvador Dali, Picasso, Pollock, Van Gogh, Rodin and so on - truly amazing; I have definitely found a new appreciation for these artists of the past. All in all, it was an amazing trip to the huge city, and I will definitely be going back at some point, and hope everyone gets to visit this city at least once in their lives. Just make sure to have a good guide, as it can be somewhat confusing for a new comer, or someone that hasn't spent much time in big cities. Cheers and buon appetite!














No comments:

Post a Comment