Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another 1 bites the DUST

By: Paul Gemignani


Finally, a New Year. I never thought I would see it because it just seemed like 2009 would never end, slowly digging its claws in the ground until the very end. I coined it as my "injury year"for good reason. It started with a broken rib in Canada, torn MCL in Wyoming, dislocated shoulder after overshooting a dumb backcountry jump, and finally an elbow injury in my backyard of Colorado, during the first day of a photo shoot; what a great way to cap the year i must say. After the elbow injury I decided to take a break and fly back home for the holidays and one day I got in a discussion about all my injuries with some friends and how it was the roughest year I've had in a while, and they started going off about how odd years are always like that and how they we're surprised I didn't realize there was this big suspicion about odd years and even years. Apparently odd years suck and even years are good. So if this is happens to be general theory, I hope it's fucking right, because I could use an injury free year with my snowboarding. Either that or winning the lotto would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment